One of the most challenging and incredible adventures in the heart of the snow-capped mountains of Cusco in the beautiful and scenic landscapes of the Andes Mountains, this excursion is unique and unforgettable. You will be able to connect with nature, live with the locals and experience one of the wonders of the modern world, located in the Amazon tundra and cloud forest. For a short four-day expedition, this one is not to be missed. This adventure has been designed for all types of people, let yourself be amazed by the excitement!
The 5-day Salkantay Trek is a popular and iconic trekking route in Peru that takes you through impressive and diverse landscapes, from humid and verdant forests to arid and desert landscapes. During the trek, you will have the opportunity to see the snowy Salkantay and other impressive peaks, as well as wild animals and meet people from different parts of the world. At the end of the trek, you will arrive at the historic city of Machu Picchu, one of the most famous and touristic places in Peru. it is important to be in good physical shape and to wear appropriate clothing and equipment for the trek, and to take into account the effects of altitude and safety during the trip. it is also important to respect the environment and not harm the local flora and fauna.
- The snowy Salkantay is one of the most impressive and emblematic mountains in the region, and during the trek you will be able to enjoy impressive views of the snowy peak from different points along the way.
- The 5-day Salkantay Trek will take you through a variety of landscapes, from humid and green forests to arid and desert landscapes. You will also pass through crystal clear rivers and over mountain passes with impressive views.
- The opportunity to see wild animals. During the walk you might see some wildlife such as llamas and alpacas as well as different species of birds and if you are lucky you might even see some foxes or possums.
- The opportunity to meet people from different parts of the world: The Salkantay Trek is very popular among backpackers and hikers from all over the world, so it is a great opportunity to meet people from different parts of the world.
- Access to the historic city of Machu Picchu: At the end of the trek, you will arrive at the historic city of Machu Picchu, which is one of the most famous and touristic places in Peru. It is a unique opportunity to see this impressive Inca city up close and learn about its history and cultural significance.
WHY TRAVEL WITH US
- We provide the security and responsibility for our passengers to travel with us, we offer you the service of a professional company that complies with the norms and regulations of tourism in the Cusco region.
- Our company has rigorous security protocols and to provide assistance and support in case of emergency. Also.
- Our horse riders are specially prepared to attend in a respectful and humble way, we provide them with a fair salary, they have a family to support.
- Our team is trained to provide the best service.
- Danzak Peru is a company 100% located in Cusco, which operates responsibly and reliably. During the trip
- We have professional guides in tourism, they are prepared to provide the best service.
To reserve the Salkantay trek, it is done 1 year in advance before the travel date (the entrance of Machu Picchu). A deposit of $200 per person must be made to confirm your reservation.
- Duration: 5 days and 4 nights
- Departure: Cusco
- difficulty: moderate
- Season: April to October
- Type: adventure – camping – hotel
- Distance: 50km
ITINERARY SALKANTAY 5 DAYS
DAY 1: CUSCO – SORAYPAMPA – HUMANTAY LAGOON – SALKANTAYPAMPA
We will pick you up at your hotel at 4:30 am, to go to the starting point of the walk, we will drive a 3-hour trip, we will arrive at 8:30 am. There we will have the first breakfast prepared by the professional chef. After breakfast you will meet the team of riders and they will get to know each other.
We get ready to start the trek to Soraypampa with fantastic views throughout the day. At the end of the day we will see the snow-capped peaks of Humantay and Salkantay. Your chef will prepare lunch with local products.
After lunch we continue with our excursion, along the way we will have views of the Humantay Glacier and will have time to explore and take photos. After meeting we continue to the first Salkantay pampa camp and there you will have dinner and spend the night.
DAY 2: SALKANTAYPAMPA – WAYRACMACHAY – COLLPAPAMPA
We woke up with coca tea admiring spectacular views. The landscape throughout the day goes from one extreme to the other; from the high Puna covered with Ichu (grassland) to the beautiful vegetation of the cloud forest, after having breakfast we continue towards Salkantay Trek (3800 masl. to the Salkantay pass where everything is rock and ice, then we will descend to a beautiful turquoise lagoon and wild animals.
After lunch. and a little relax we will continue downhill on the way we will see a variety of wildlife from the small finches that scratch at the highest heights. Our camp for tonight is in Collcapampa (2770 masl. You will experience the climate of the place and spend the night there.
DAY 3: COLLPAPAMPA – LLUCMABAMBA – LLAQTAPATA
We will enjoy our time. After breakfast we prepare for the most wonderful day of our expedition. During the walk you will have moments to see the wonderful places.
Our highlight lunch of the Salkanatay Trek. After a 3 hour hike. Your chef will prepare to participate in an old pachamanca that is very traditional made of stone, after burying we will wait 45 minutes for it to cook and enjoy the pachamanca. Then we will have time to enjoy the delicious coffee between things.
After eating, we continue along the ancient path of the Incas to llaqtapata, a site to visit on the top of the mountain at 2,750 meters above sea level. And from Hay Vera to the citadel of Machu Picchu from a distance. The place was discovered by Hiram Bingham in the year 19111.
DAY 4: LLAQTAPATA – AGUAS CALIENETES
You will wake up and the first thing our trekking team will attend you in a tent with a coca tea. Today is the last day of the trek before reaching Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu town). Today’s main focus is a visit to the Inca site of Llactapata sitting on the side of the mountain. We will arrive at Llactapata early around noon and enjoy the fantastic views of Machu Picchu that we will receive from here. After a visit to Llactapata where we will learn about the Inca people and their culture. Once we arrive in Aguas Calientes your guide will take you to your 3 star hotel with private bathroom and there you will spend the night.
DAY 5: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
That last day we will wake up early and take the first bus back to Machu Picchu. We will have a 2-hour guided tour of the site during which you will learn about the Incas and visit all the most important areas of the citadel. After your tour, you will have free time to explore the site on your own and, if you have permits, to climb Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu mountain. In the afternoon we will take the train back to Ollantaytambo from where we will continue by bus back to Cusco and you will be around 6:30 pm at your hotel.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- Informative section at 06:00 pm
- Pick up from your hotel and drop off.
- Professional tourist guide.
- 3-star hotel in Machu Picchu.
- professional chef.
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu and Salkantay.
- Private transportation from Cusco – round trip.
- Return panoramic train.
- Bus up – Down.
- Loading docks.
- Trekking equipment.
- Food during the walk.
- Snacks, bottle of water, fruit.
- Oxygen bottle.
- First aid kit.
IT’S NOT INCLUDED:
On a hike we need poles with rubber tips, but they are optional. If it is recommended. In case you do not have it, they are available to rent with Danzak Peru.
- Sleeping bags ($15).
- trekking poles ($20).
- Lunch on the last day.
- Travel insurance.
- Huayna Picchu or Picchu Mountain; It is done next to Machu Picchu. It is a 45 minute hike to the top. He would do after his tour to Machu Picchu. The cost is (75 dollars per person), to reserve your ticket, it is done 1 year in advance. Because the tickets are limited, it can be finished even in a single day.
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING DURING THE TRIP
- Original passport (photocopy is not accepted), you must have your passport updated before your trip to Peru.
- Valid student card (if I book as a student), the original card must be issued by the university.
- Shoes for the walk, waterproof pontoons, jackets, rain jacket.
- Hiking backpack, 25 liter capacity.
- Change clothes such as polo shirts, pants, socks, waterproof jackets.
- Clothing for visiting Machu Picchu.
- To bathe in hot waters, wear bathing clothes.
- Personal hygiene, toothbrushes and toothpaste, toilet paper, soap, mosquito repellent.
- Bath towel.
- Digital camera for photos.
- Bottled water in a squeeze bottle.
- Trekking sticks.
- Extra money per person
- It is not recommended for pregnant people.
- It is not recommended for people over 60 years of age.
- It is not recommended for people suffering from cardiac arrest.
- It is not wheelchair accessible.
WHAT SHOULD I KNOW BEFORE TRAVELING?
- Make sure you are in good physical shape: The Salkantay Trek is a moderately demanding trekking route and requires good physical condition. Make sure you are fit and ready to hike for several days at a time at relatively high altitudes.
- It is important to bring appropriate clothing and equipment for the Salkantay Trek. This includes warm clothing and layers for chilly nights, as well as breathable and comfortable clothing for the day. It is also important to bring a suitable backpack, comfortable shoes and a hat and sunglasses to protect yourself from the sun.
- The Salkantay Trek is at a relatively high altitude, so it is important to be aware of the effects of thin air and to ensure that you acclimatize properly.
- Although the 5-day Salkantay Trek is generally safe, if you are thinking of traveling in July to August, Machu Picchu spaces are limited, we recommend that you book 1 year in advance.
RETURN BY TRAIN FROM MACHU PICCHU TO OLLANTAYTAMBO
There are several train options available to return from Machu Picchu to Ollantaytambo. These trains offer economy and business class services and feature comfortable seats, with panoramic views throughout the journey.
Your return time will be at 2:55 pm departure from Machu Picchu to Ollantaytambo.
We will give you a duffel bag after having a briefing, before the briefing ends, the pack mules will carry your things, but you must carry what you need during the walk or just what you need such as a bottle of water, a jacket for the cold, etc.
THE CLIMATE OF SALKANTAY TREK
The weather on the Salkantay Trek can vary significantly depending on the time of year you decide to do the trek. During the summer season, the weather is often hot and humid, with temperatures that can reach 30 degrees during the day and drop quite sharply at night. However, during the winter season, the weather can be much colder and drier. It is important to note that the Salkantay Trek is at a relatively high altitude, with altitude ranging from 2,500 to 4,650 meters above the sea. sea level. This means that regardless of the time of year, you are likely to feel the cold at night and you can feel the effects of thin air during the day.
There is a briefing at 06:00 pm, one day before your trip and it will be at your hotel. It is very important for your output. If you cannot arrive at this time, you must coordinate with the Danzak Peru team by email. The informative section lasts approximately 30 to 40 minutes, you will meet with your guide and provide all the detailed information about your trip.
Salkantay Trek 5 days
Please, carefully fill out our RESERVATION FORM with your correct personal data.
FREQUENT ASK QUESTION
To reserve Salkantay Trek 5 days click on the RESERVE NOW button. Then select your departure or travel date, and fill in your personal information for each participant. The last one is the payment, you can do it with your credit card or debit card.
Once we have your Salkantay trek permit in our hands. We will send you a confirmation that everything is 100% organized.
The 5-day Salkantay Trek is a popular and emblematic trekking route in Peru that takes you through impressive and diverse landscapes, from humid and green forests to arid and desert landscapes. During the trek, you will have the opportunity to see the snowy Salkantay and other impressive peaks, as well as wild animals and meet people from different parts of the world. At the end of the trek, you will arrive at the historic city of Machu Picchu, one of the most famous and touristic places in Peru.
It is important to respect the environment and not harm the local flora and fauna. The 4-day Salkantay Trek is a great opportunity to experience the natural beauty and culture of Peru and to meet people from different parts of the world.
Yes, during the Salkantay trek 5 days to Machu Picchu, we can store your luggage in our office or you can also leave it at your hotel. To what is convenient, we can only take what is necessary for the trip.
Yes, the passport is very important and you have to bring it to enter Machu Picchu.
The trekking poles, It is very important for each person. It helps us from fatigue and it also helps us to hold on walks
The best time to visit the Salkantay Trek is from April to October, during the dry season in the Cusco region, Peru. During these months, the weather conditions are ideal for hiking and you can enjoy clear panoramic views without rain. However, it is important to be prepared for cold temperatures at night and in the mountains.
It is not recommended to visit the Salkantay Trek during the months of December to March, since it is the rainy season in the Cusco region, Peru. During this period, the weather conditions can be difficult for trekking, with rain and snow on the mountains. Panoramic views may also be limited due to mist and rain.
If you are renewing your passport, don't forget and send us by mail. In order to update your Inca trail permit. If in case you have your previous passport we can reserve your permit.
If your passport has expired, you must update it immediately before your trip, then you must send us your passport to update your income.
According to Peruvian law, you must be under 18 years of age. For the Salkantay Trek (if you are 18 years old or older, you must have your valid student card or card. And your card will be shown.
- All students from 11 to 18 years old have a discount of 25 USD.
- for children from 02 to 11 years have a discount of 30 USD.
All students must send us their student card, in order to make the reservation.
The 5-day Salkantay trek is a trekking route that crosses the Andes Mountains in the Cusco region of Peru. Although it is a demanding route and can present some challenges, it is not dangerous as long as proper precautions are followed and care is taken. It is important to remember that the Salkantay trek is a high mountain route and there may be changes in weather and temperature. To minimize the risk of having an accident during the Salkantay trek, it is important to be in good physical shape and be prepared for the challenges that the trail presents. It is advisable to wear appropriate clothing for the mountains, including warm clothing, technical clothing and hiking shoes. It is also important to bring enough water.
The 5-day Salkantay Trek is a trekking route that crosses the Andes Mountains in the Cusco region of Peru. It is a demanding route that requires a good physical condition and for people who are used to walking long distances. Along the way, hikers traverse varied landscapes, including snow-capped mountains, and must face uneven terrain and walk on uneven terrain.
The 5-day Salkantay Trek includes the ascent to the Salkantay pass, which is the highest point of the route and is located at an altitude of 4,600 meters above sea level. The climb to the Salkantay pass can be challenging due to the altitude and the physical effort required, but the effort is worth it due to the impressive panoramic views that can be enjoyed from there. It is important to remember that the 5-day Salkantay Trek is a high mountain route.
The 5-day Salkantay Trek with connection to Machu Picchu is a hiking adventure that takes visitors through breathtaking landscapes and historical and cultural sites, and is an excellent option for those who want to learn more about Inca history and culture. and enjoy the natural beauty of Peru and during the trip you will learn about the place. The Salkantay Trek is a trek that takes visitors through breathtaking landscapes and historical and cultural sites, allowing them to learn more about Inca history and culture. The walk includes a visit to the Inca city of Machu Picchu, one of the most important archaeological jewels in Peru.
The Salkantay Trek is an adventure that offers visitors an unforgettable and unique experience. The walk includes a visit to beautiful and scenic places, such as the Humantay Lagoon.
- People: 1-10
- People: 1-10
One of the most challenging and incredible adventures in the heart of the snow-capped mountains of Cusco in the beautiful and scenic landscapes of the Andes Mountains, this excursion is unique and unforgettable. You will be able to connect with nature, live with the locals and experience one of the wonders of the modern world, […]
- Full day
- People: 1-10
- Machu Picchu
Our tour starts very early at 5:00 am prior cordinacion will be given a scope in a mini tourist ban in your hotel so we headed towards the train station located in Wanchaq-Cusco.Already at the train station we will board a Bimodal (bus and train) that Perurail offers us, we will go to Ollantaytambo station […]