The Huchuy Qosqo Trek 3 days and 2 nights is a hiking adventure that leads to an ancient Inca city located in the Cusco region of Peru. The trek lasts 3 days and 2 nights and is considered moderate to difficult, depending on the person’s physical condition and hiking experience.
During the walk, we will have views and pass through impressive landscapes and visit historical and cultural places, including the Inca city of Huchuy Qosqo, which was one of the main residences of the Inca emperor Tupac Inca Yupanqui.
- The Huchuy Qosqo trek is an Inca site located in the city of Cusco. A palace built for the Inca family.
- Huchuy Qosqo is an archaeological evidence in the Inca culture in Cusco.
- Huchuy Qosqo is an archaeological site, surrounded by the Andes mountains, peaks, and the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
- On the walk you will see spectacular places such as nature, the landscape, for travelers.
- It is a way to visit Machu Picchu for 2 days, with fantastic views along the way, and much more.
- After completing the hike to Huchuy Qosqo, we then continue to Machu Picchu, which may include another hike or the use of private transportation.
WHY CHOOSE US?
- We organize our trip differently from other tourism companies, and we offer at the request of the passengers, our groups usually spend a spectacular night.
- Our camps are located on top of the mountains with incredible views, surrounded by mountains.
- We are a company located in the town of Cusco, we provide our services in a punctual, responsible, reliable manner, during the trip, and at all times.
- Our work team is specially trained for the tourism area.
- Our tour guides are assigned by the company and have a professional title, and are always attentive when receiving.
- Your train schedule from Ollantaytambo to Machu Picchu round trip. We booked for the 3:37 p.m. round trip timetable at 2:55 p.m. A that you can arrive early at your hotel.
- We recommend that you reserve your Machu Picchu entrance ticket 1 year in advance, however, there are limited spaces for the entrance to Machu Picchu, spaces can run out in just one day and we may end up without an entrance ticket.
To reserve a 3-day Huchuy Qosqo, it is done 1 year in advance before the travel date. A deposit of $200 per person must be made. Once we have your reservation in our hands, we send you a confirmation of your reservation.
- Duration: 3 days and 2 nights
- Departure: Cusco
- difficulty: moderate
- Season: April to October
- Type: adventure – camping – hotel
- Distance 53km
Huchuy Qosqo Trek 3 days is the shortest and most comfortable trek for those who do not have much time, but who would like to walk before exploring Machu Picchu.
Huchuy Qosqo is an Inca archaeological park located north of Cusco; its name in Quechua is “Little Cuzco”. It is located at 3,600 meters
DAY 1: CUSCO – PATABAMBA – HUCHUY QOSQO
To start the Huchuy Qosqo trek. Our guide will pick you up at your hotel at 06:00 in the morning. Then we go in our transport to the town of Patabamba with full of landscapes. Once you arrive, we prepare to start our 3-hour uphill adventure to reach the highest point of the site. From there we have a view of the surrounding mountains, valleys, and snow-capped peaks. Then we descend towards the town of Pucamarca, we will explore the ruins.
We continue our walk to the archaeological site of Huchuy Qosqo, the original Inca city. After exploring we head towards the family home, there we will spend the night.
- Distance: 13km
- difficulty: moderate
DAY 2: HUCHUY QOSQO – OLLANTAYTAMBO – AGUAS CALIENTES
After a delicious breakfast. We will visit the original city of Huchuy Qosqo, you will discover the Inca constructions, sacred temples, cultivation terraces, deposits, your guide will tell the story and how history changed, after exploring, we go downhill for 2 hours of walking. Our private van will take you to the Urubamba Valley, where we will have lunch.
After enjoying the delicious lunch. Then we go in our private van to the archaeological site of Maras Moray. This place has three amphitheater-type terraces made by the Incas, and that they used for agricultural production. When you have finished exploring you will head to the salt mines, a place known as the old center of salt production in pre-Inca times.
After visiting the entire site. We go in our private transport to the town of Ollantaytambo (the living Inca city). Where we will explore the astronomical care of the Inca. Then we will board our train to the town of Aguas Calientes and spend the night in our 3-star hotel.
- Distance: 7km
- difficulty: easy
DAY 3: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
The last day our expedition. Once you have enjoyed the delicious breakfast, we will pick you up around 05:00 am from your hotel, then you will take the bus to the main gate of Machupicchu that will take 30 minutes to arrive. Once you pass the entrance control, your guide will take you to the guardian’s house where you will take beautiful photos for your memory. After that, you will have 2 hours to explore and you will also learn about the Inca civilization.
After exploring you will take the bus to Aguas Calientes, there you will have a delicious lunch. You will then board your train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo. Then, our private van will pick you up to Cusco, you will be around 6:30 pm at your hotel.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- Information section about the trip at 06:00 pm at your hotel.
- Pick up from your hotel and drop off.
- Professional tourist guide.
- 3-star hotel in Machu Picchu.
- Professional chef along the way.
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu and Huchuy qosqo
- Cusco transportation – round trip.
- Return panoramic train ticket.
- Bus up to Machu Picchu and down.
- Support staff.
- Trekking equipment.
- Food during the walk.
- Snacks, bottle of water, fruit.
- Oxygen bottle.
- First aid kit.
- Backpack cover for rain protection.
- Boiled water to fill their bottles
IT’S NOT INCLUDED:
On a hike we need poles with rubber tips, but they are optional. If it is recommended. In case you do not have it, they are available to rent with Danzak Peru.
- Sleeping bags ($15)).
- trekking poles ($20).
- Lunch on the last day.
- Travel insurance.
- Huayna Picchu or Picchu Mountain; It is done next to Machu Picchu. It is a 45 minute hike to the top. He would do after his tour to Machu Picchu. The cost is (75 dollars per person), to reserve your ticket, it is done 4 months in advance, according to the regulations of the Ministry of Culture.
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING DURING THE TRIP
- Original passport (photocopy is not accepted), you must have your passport updated before your trip to Peru.
- Valid student card (if I book as a student), the original card must be issued by the university.
- Shoes for the walk, pants, jackets, rain jacket.
- Hiking backpack, 25 liter capacity.
- Change clothes such as polo shirts, pants, socks.
- Waterproof clothes.
- Clothing for visiting Machu Picchu.
- cold coats
- Hot waters, wear bathing clothes.
- Toilet paper.
- Personal hygiene, toothbrushes and toothpaste, toilet paper, soap.
- Digital camera for photos.
- Bottled water in a squeeze bottle.
- Trekking sticks.
- Extra money.
- Comfortable and appropriate clothing and shoes for the walk: Make sure you wear comfortable and appropriate clothing and shoes for the walk. It is also important to bring warm clothing and layers to protect yourself from the changeable weather.
- Make sure you bring enough water. It is important to hydrate and stay well fed during the walk.
- Take with you any medicine you need and a basic first aid kit.
- Flashlight and extra batteries, bring a flashlight and extra batteries there is no electrical power.
- Warm clothes and layers, the weather in Huchuy Qosqo can be quite changeable, so it is important to bring warm clothes and layers to protect yourself from the cold and rain.
- Camera or mobile phone with a camera, bring a camera or mobile phone with a camera to capture your memories of Huchuy Qosqo
- Personal hygiene items: Make sure you bring personal hygiene items such as a toothbrush, toothpaste, soap and a towel. If you want to enter hot water thermal baths.
- Some other items you may consider bringing are sunglasses, hat.
- Personal first aid kit, the basics you need.
Huchuy Qosqo connection to Machu Picchu of 3 days and 2 nights, before traveling from your country, you have to book 1 year in advance you must book your Machu Picchu entrance ticket. For the entrance of Machu Picchu there is a limit of tickets or spaces. You can easily finish the spaces in a day.
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE TRAVELING?
- It is not recommended for pregnant people.
- It is not recommended for people over 60 years of age.
- It is not recommended for people suffering from cardiac arrest.
- It is not wheelchair accessible.
- Make sure your trekking shoes are in good condition for walking.
- The walk is not difficult, but it takes getting used to walking.
- You have to book about 9 months in advance between the months of July to August, before leaving on your trip.
- Book your trip 1 year in advance, if you want to travel in the month of July to August.
- Make sure you are used to walking.
RETURN BY TRAIN FROM MACHU PICCHU TO OLLANTAYTAMBO
There are several train options available for your round trip from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes. These trains offer economy and business class services and feature comfortable seats, with panoramic views throughout the journey.
There are several train schedules, for our passengers we provide the departure train schedule at 3:37 p.m., Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes and its return will be the next day at 2:55 p.m. from Machu Picchu to Ollantaytambo. This train schedule helps us to get you to your hotel early.
THE CLIMATE OF HUCHUY QOSQO
In general, the weather in Huchuy Qosqo is usually warm during the day and cool at night, with some variations depending on the time of year. The dry season is usually from April to October, during which weather conditions are usually more pleasant. During this time, the sky is usually clear and the temperatures are warmer. The average temperature during the day. At night, the temperature can drop to 10 degrees.
The rainy season is usually from November to March, during which there can be frequent rain and the terrain can be wetter and slipperier. During this time, the temperature can be cold and at night it can drop
We will give you the duffel bag after having a briefing, before the briefing ends, the support staff will take your things, but you must carry the necessary during the walk or only the necessary as a bottle of water, jacket for the cold etc We recommend it in your duffel bag. You should only carry what is important.
There is a briefing at 06:00 pm, one day before your trip and it will be at your hotel. It is very important for your output. If you cannot arrive at this time, you must coordinate with the Danzak Peru team by email. The informative section lasts approximately 30 to 40 minutes, you will meet with your guide and provide all the detailed information about your trip.
Huchuy Qosqo 3 Days
Please, carefully fill out our RESERVATION FORM with your correct personal data.
FREQUENT ASK QUESTION
To reserve Huchuy Qosqo days 3 days. click on the RESERVE NOW button. Then select your departure or travel date, and fill in your personal information for each participant. The last one is the payment, you can do it with your credit card or debit card.
Once we have your Huchuy Qosqo trek permit in our hands. We will send you a confirmation that everything is 100% organized.
Huchuy Qosqo is an ancient Inca city located in the Cusco region of Peru. The city is located at an altitude of approximately 3,500 meters above sea level and was one of the main residences of the Inca emperor Tupac Inca Yupanqui.
Huchuy Qosqo is considered one of the most important archaeological jewels in the Cusco region and is a popular tourist destination for those interested in Inca history and culture. The city boasts impressive architecture and a spectacular natural landscape, and is considered a true hidden gem in the highlands of Peru.
In general, the 3-day Huchuy Qosqo trail is not considered dangerous if you follow a trained guide and have good physical condition and hiking gear. However, as with any outdoor activity, there is always some risk associated with it. Some of the potential risks include:
Huchuy Qosqo's altitude is at an altitude of 3,850 meters above sea level, so some people may experience altitude symptoms such as headaches, fatigue, and nausea. It is important to acclimatize properly before embarking on the trip and to be in good health.
The weather can be unpredictable in the mountains, and there can be sudden changes in weather conditions. It is important to be prepared for changes in the weather and to wear appropriate clothing and equipment.
The trail to Huchuy Qosqo includes walking on cobbled paths and stairs, so it is important to be of good physical ability and wear good hiking gear to minimize the risk of injury.
Yes, the passport (photocopies are not accepted), it is very important, you have to take it to enter Machu Picchu, we recommend that you verify its issue date before leaving your country.
Trekking poles, It is very necessary for each person. It helps us from fatigue and it also helps us hold on more risky walks, you must carry your personal cane, the cane prevents fatigue.
The weather in Cusco has 2 seasons, dry season or rainy season of the year.
It is a climate where there is no rain with blue skies during the day from April to October and is considered the best time to visit.
On the contrary, the rainy season runs from November to March. Which is not recommended to visit.
In the month of February, the entrance to the Inca trail is closed for maintenance, and the groups do not operate during the month.
According to Peruvian law, you must be under 18 years of age. For Huchuy Qosqo of 3 days (if you are 18 years old or older, you must have your valid student card or card. And your card will be shown.
- All students from 11 to 18 years old have a discount of 25 USD.
- for children from 02 to 11 years have a discount of 30 USD.
All students must send us their student card, in order to make the following reservations.
Yes. It is possible to change your travel date. But the office of Machupicchu and Peru rail charges us 25% penalty.
If you are renewing your passport, don't forget and send us by mail. In order to update your Machupicchu permit. If in case you have your previous passport, we can reserve your permit.
If your passport has already expired, you must update it immediately before your trip (don't forget to send it to us when you get it).
Huchuy Qosqo is important for travelers of history and culture and nature, it is an ancient Inca city that is located near Cusco, in Peru. The city is considered an important archaeological site due to its rich history and Inca architecture. The 3-day trip with connection to Machu Picchu allows visitors to experience the beauty and importance of both places, as Huchuy Qosqo is a great way to learn more about the Inca culture before visiting Machu Picchu, one of the archaeological sites most famous and visited in the world. In addition, the 3-day trip provides a more complete and enriching experience, allowing visitors to explore and learn about both places at a more relaxed pace.
The difficulty of a trip to Huchuy Qosqo can be similar to that of a 3-day trip, since both include a trail of approximately 15 kilometers with an altitude of 3,850 meters above sea level. it can be a bit more challenging due to the shorter amount of time available to complete the trail.
The trail is likely to be a bit more demanding due to less time to rest and adjust to the altitude. It is advisable to be in good physical condition and have good hiking equipment if you decide to make the trip. If you have any concerns about your ability to complete, we recommend that you should be in Cusco 2 days before your departure so that you can acclimatize to the weather. You will get to know.
Huchuy Qosqo is located in the province of Calca de la Cusco, in Peru. The path to reach Huchuy Qosqo begins in the town of Lamay, which is about a 30-minute drive from Cusco. The trail continues through the valley of the Vilcanota River and up a series of hills and valleys until it reaches Huchuy Qosqo. In general, the trail to Huchuy Qosqo is considered a moderate difficulty hike and it is recommended to be in good physical condition.
In general, the best months to visit Huchuy Qosqo on a 3-day trek are from April to October. During these months, the weather is hotter and drier, which makes it more pleasant to walk and enjoy the scenery. The days are longer and the views are generally clearer. On the other hand, the months of September to November are considered low season, and you can find better prices and fewer crowds. It is important to note that the 3-day trip is considered a moderate trek, and it is advisable to be in good physical condition and have good hiking equipment to complete the trip.
The best time to visit Huchuy Qosqo will depend on the personal preferences of each traveler in terms of weather and the number of tourists. However, in general, the months of April to November are considered the best months to visit Huchuy Qosqo due to the warmer and drier weather. During these months, the rains are less frequent and the views are better, since they are not obstructed by fog or rain.
- People: 1-12
RESUME The Huchuy Qosqo Trek 3 days and 2 nights is a hiking adventure that leads to an ancient Inca city located in the Cusco region of Peru. The trek lasts 3 days and 2 nights and is considered moderate to difficult, depending on the person’s physical condition and hiking experience. During the walk, we […]