The Choquequirao trek 4 days is a trek that will take you to one of the oldest and best known Inca refuges. It is located around the Salkantay mountain and the Apurímac river
DETAILS OF THE TRIP:
- Duration: 4 days and 3 nights
- Departure: Cusco to Capuliyuc
- difficulty: moderate
- Season: April to November
- Type: adventure, culture and history
- Destination: choquequirao
The 4-day Choquequirao trek is a trekking route through the Andes of Peru to explore the ancient Inca city of Choquequirao. The route begins in the village of Capuliyoc and winds through the valleys and mountains of the Choquequirao National Park, with panoramic views of the Andes and the tropical jungle. Visitors must walk approximately 8-10 hours a day, climbing 3,000 meters in altitude from the starting point to Choquequirao. The 4-day trek is very popular among nature lovers and adventurers, as it offers a unique opportunity to explore one of the most fascinating archaeological sites in Cusco.
- The ancient Inca city of Choquequirao. The main objective of the trek is to reach the Inca city of Choquequirao, which is considered one of the largest and best preserved Inca ruins in Peru. Visitors can explore the ruins and learn about the city’s history and architecture.
- Panoramic views of the Andes and the rainforest and the trek offers breathtaking views of the Andes and the rainforest, with landscapes ranging from green valleys to snow-capped peaks.
- The 4-day trek is considered a challenging adventure, since a physical effort is required to climb approximately 3,000 meters of altitude. However, this makes it an exciting and rewarding experience for those looking for a challenge.
- which allows visitors to enjoy nature and the ruins in a more peaceful way.
WHY CHOOSE US?
- Our horse riders are specially prepared to attend in a respectful and humble way, we provide them with a fair salary, they have a family at home to support.
- Our work team is trained to provide the best service,
- Danzak Peru is a company 100% located in Cusco, which operates responsibly and reliably and we do not share our 4-day choquequirao trek group.
- We have professional guides in tourism, they are prepared to provide the best service.
- We work in coordination with the work team with our guides, drivers, cooks, with the rider staff and with the office operations staff.
To book the 4-day Choquequirao trek. It is done 2 months in advance before the travel date. A deposit of $200 per person must be made to confirm your reservation.
Day 1: Cusco – Capuliyoc – Santa Rosa
This fascinating adventure begins at 05:00 hrs in the morning. Our guide will pick you up from your hotel and drive for 4 hours to Capuliyoc (2850 m/9407 ft). There we will have the first energizing breakfast prepared by the chef. After enjoying our lunch we start our hike and pass the legendary lost cities of the Incas, with picturesque views of the villages, spectacular valleys and snow-capped mountains. Towards our lunch spot at Chiquiska (1892 m). During the trek you will get wonderful views of the Apurimac Canyon, one of the deepest canyons in Peru, offering us panoramic views with different landscapes. After lunch, we continue our adventure for 2 more hours to Santa Rosa (2230 m.a.s.l.). where we will camp and spend the night.
- Altitude: 2230 m.a.s.l.
- Hiking hours: 6 hours
- Distance: 11 kilometers
- Difficulty: Moderate
Day 2: Santa Rosa – Marampata – Choquequirao
You will wake up with a cup of coca or tea provided by your trekking team and then have a delicious breakfast. After breakfast we will prepare for our 4-hour hike to Marampata (2850 m.a.s.l.). On the way, we will visit where the locals produce “cañazo” a local drink, enjoy the scenery and then walk through a microclimate. There you will have a delicious lunch, after lunch we will climb for 2 hours to Choquequirao (3057 m). A spectacular Inca site, there you will have time to explore all the important sections, such as the palaces, temples, water fountain, the agricultural terraces and the llama section and many more. Our camp is right next to the archaeological site. Where you will have your dinner and spend the night.
- Altitude: 2866 meters above sea level.
- Hiking hours: 8 hours
- Distance: 14 kilometers
- Difficulty: moderate or challenging
Day 3: Choquequirao – Chuquisca
After enjoying an early breakfast, we will descend to the Apurimac River (1550 m) for 2 hours, it will be a 3-hour descent to Santa Rosa (2230 m), there we will have a fresh lunch prepared by the chef. Then we will continue to Chiquisca (1800 m), the last day of camping, you can enjoy the scenery watching birds, flowers, and much more of the place.
- Altitude: 1800
- Hiking hours: 8 hours
- Distance: 12 kilometers
- Difficulty: moderate to challenging
Día 4: Chiquisca – Saywite – Cusco
On the last day of our adventure we will wake up early and enjoy our last breakfast. Then, we prepare for the last day of trekking for 4 hours to Capuliyoc. We will organize a special feast, the subway barbecue of pachamanca, made with hot stones, buried underground and enjoy the last lunch. Then we say goodbye to our trekking team, which has accompanied us during the expedition. We will take our private transportation to the archaeological site of Saywite: a large mysterious rock, believed to be the complex irrigation system of the region. You will have time to explore the area, then return to Cusco, we will drop you off at your hotel around 06:30 hrs.
- Hiking hours: 4 hours
- Distance: 8 kilometers
- Difficulty: moderate
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- Professional tourist guide.
- Information section, at 06:00 p.m at your hotel
- Pick up from your hotel and drop off.
- professional chef.
- Entrance tickets to the entire site.
- Private transport.
- Trekking equipment.
- Comfortable tents to sleep.
- sleeping flask
- Water for your consumption.
- Mules of load during trip.
- Food during the trip.
- Boiled water to fill your bottle.
- Oxygen bottle.
- First aid kit.
On a walk we need sticks with rubber tips, sleeping bag. In case you do not have it, we rent it and it is available to rent with Danzak Peru.
- Sleeping bag.
- Tips (optional).
- Trekking sticks.
- Passenger safety.
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING DURING THE TRIP
- Shoes for the walk, waterproof pants, jackets, rain jacket.
- Hiking backpack, 25 liter capacity.
- Personal hygiene, toothbrushes and toothpaste, toilet paper,
- Bottled water in a squeeze bottle.
- Trekking sticks.
- Trekking shoes.
- Comfortable and suitable clothes and shoes for the walk, make sure you wear comfortable and suitable clothes and shoes for the walk. It is also important to bring warm clothing and layers to protect yourself from the changeable weather.
- Be sure to bring enough water and a few snacks for the hike. It is important to hydrate and stay well fed during the walk.
- Take personal first aid kit, any medicine you need and first aid basics.
- Bring a flashlight and extra batteries in case there are problems with the light.
- Sunscreen and Insect Repellent: Be sure to bring sunscreen and insect repellent to protect you from the sun and insects.
- Warm clothing The weather in Choquequirao can be quite changeable, so it is important to bring warm clothing and layers to protect yourself from the cold and rain.
- Documents and money, make sure you have a valid passport and any other documents necessary to travel.
- Take a camera or mobile phone with a camera to capture your memories of the 4-day trek to Choquequirao.
- Be sure to bring personal hygiene items such as a toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, and a towel.
- Minimum extra money 100 dollars per person.
- Some other items you may consider bringing are sunglasses, hat.
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- It is not recommended for pregnant people.
- It is not recommended for people who suffer from back pain.
- It is not recommended for people over 60 years of age.
- It is not recommended for people suffering from cardiac arrest.
- It is not wheelchair accessible.
- The level of difficulty of the trek is moderate to difficult due to the unevenness and the altitude. Make sure you are in good physical shape before embarking on the trip.
- The weather in Choquequirao can be unpredictable, so it is important to wear appropriate clothing and footwear, as well as protection from rain and sun.
- Bring a good backpack, insect repellent, headlamp, sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, appropriate clothing for the weather, and personal medications if you need them.
WEATHER IN CHOQUEQUIRAO 4 DAYS
The weather on the 4-day Choquequirao trek varies depending on the time of year in which the excursion takes place. Most of the year is hot and humid, with temperatures that can reach 30 degrees during the day and drop below 10 degrees Celsius at night. The rainy season is from December to March, during this time it is common to have heavy rains and low clouds that can make visibility difficult. The best time to do the trek is from April to November, during this time the temperatures are cooler and the rains are less frequent. However, it is important to be prepared for sudden changes in the weather and to wear appropriate clothing to protect yourself from the sun and rain.
We will give you a duffel bag after having a briefing, before the briefing ends, the pack mules will carry your things, but you must carry what you need during the walk or just what you need such as a bottle of water, a jacket for the cold, etc.
There is a briefing at 06:00 pm, one day before your trip and it will be at your hotel. It is very important for your output. If you cannot arrive at this time, you must coordinate with the Danzak Peru team by email. The informative section lasts approximately 30 to 40 minutes, you will meet with your guide and provide all the detailed information about your trip.
Choquequirao Trek 4 Days
Please, carefully fill out our RESERVATION FORM with your correct personal data.
FREQUENT ASK QUESTION
To reserve, choquequirao trek 4 days click on the RESERVE NOW button. Then select your departure or travel date, and fill in your personal information for each participant. The last one is the payment, which you can do with your credit card or debit card.
Once we have in our hands your permit for the Inca Trail. We will send you a confirmation that everything is 100% organized.
The 4-day trek to Choquequirao is a hiking route that takes us to the town of Capuliyoc and to the archaeological site of Choquequirao. The path traverses breathtaking landscapes of mountains, valleys, and jungles, passing Andean villages and local communities that still practice ancient traditions. The trek is considered one of the most challenging in the region, but it is also a unique opportunity to experience the natural beauty, culture and history of the region. The 4-day trek is one of the best ways to reach the Choquequirao archaeological site, as it is less traveled and offers impressive views of the surrounding landscape. the 4-day trek to Choquequirao is a hiking route that begins in the town of Capuliyoc and ends at the archaeological site of Choquequirao, passing through beautiful natural landscapes, local communities and a great opportunity to experience the culture and history of the region.
If during the choquequirao 4 days trek, we can store your luggage in our office or you can also leave it at your hotel. To what is convenient, we can only take what is necessary.
According to Peruvian law, you must be under 18 years of age. For Choquequirao trek (if 18 years or older, you must have your valid student card or card. And you will be shown card.
- All students from 11 to 18 years old have a discount of 25 USD.
- for children from 02 to 11 years have a discount of 30 USD.
All students must send us their student card, in order to make the following reservations.
The weather in Cusco has 2 seasons, dry season or rainy season of the year.
The best time to visit Choquequirao and do the 5-day trek depends largely on the weather and your personal preferences. In general, the most popular months to visit Choquequirao are May through September, when the weather is drier and temperatures are warmer. However, it is also possible to visit Choquequirao during the cooler months of June to August, although the weather can be more uncertain and the temperatures lower.
If you prefer to avoid the crowds and enjoy lower prices on accommodation and tourist services, you can consider visiting Choquequirao during the less crowded months from October to April. However, during these months the weather can be rainier and the temperatures cooler.
In general, it is important to note that the weather in Choquequirao can be quite changeable and it is important to be prepared for any type of weather. Make sure to wear appropriate clothing and shoes and to be prepared for cold and rain during your visit. It is also important to note that the 5-day trek to Choquequirao is demanding and requires good physical condition, so it is important to be in good physical shape before doing the trek.
It is a climate where there is no rain with blue skies during the day from April to November and is considered the best time to visit.
On the contrary, the rainy season runs from November to March. Which is not recommended to visit.
Yes, it is possible to change. But you must notify us before 48 hours. And send your request to the Danzak Peru reservation office or send us a message by email.
It is not necessary to bring your passport, but if you want to take it there is no problem.
The Choquequirao trek is located in the Cusco region, in the southwest of Peru. More specifically, the Choquequirao archaeological site is located in the Vilcabamba mountain range, in the Andes of Peru, at about 3,000 meters above sea level. The trek begins in the town of Cachora, which is located about 30 kilometers south of the city of Cusco, and then heads west through the jungle and mountains to reach the archaeological site of Choquequirao.
Choquequirao is considered one of the most important and least visited Inca archaeological sites in Peru, as it is one of the few Inca cities that has not yet been fully excavated or restored.
The trek is a unique opportunity to experience the natural beauty of Peru, since the road crosses impressive landscapes of mountains, valleys and jungles and to know the wonderful landscapes.
The trek is also an opportunity to experience the culture and history of the region, as the path passes through Andean villages and intersects with local communities that still practice ancient traditions. It is a physical and mental challenge that allows you to get out of your comfort zone and experience something new.
The 4-day trek to Choquequirao is considered one of the most challenging in Cusco, but it is not that dangerous if you take the necessary precautions, so make sure you are in good physical condition and have a positive attitude.
The trek begins at an altitude of 2,800 meters above sea level and reaches an altitude of 3,000 meters in Choquequirao, so it is important to be prepared. The weather in the region can be unpredictable and changeable, so it is important to be prepared with proper clothing and equipment. The path can be steep and rugged in some places, so it is important to have a good level of fitness and be careful when walking, and you will make it in the end.
- 2 days
- People: 1-10
Short Inca Trail 2 days: Located between the Peruvian Andes, the famous cloud forest and the Amazon tundra, with its incredible views and ancestral culture that make up this great and beautiful place, Danzak Peru has organized this wonderful program on the Inca Trail, designed for all types of travelers of all ages. You will […]
- Full Day
- People: 1-15
In this Cusco Tour we will visit the most popular archaeological sites and religious temples of our wonderful city, this tour can be done any day of the week. We will visit the main or most important sites where we can observe and visit the Cathedral in the Plaza de Armas and Qorikancha (the Golden […]
- People: 1-10
Lares Trek 4 Days to Machu Picchu is a hike through the sacred valley where we can observe a variety of flora and fauna also we can learn a little of its history and its villages as they go through the days of our tour, this walk will take us to Machu Picchu touring the […]
- People: 1-10
- People: 1-10
- Machu Picchu
Tour Valle Sagrado + Machu Picchu Machu Picchu 2 days tours: We will start the tour very early in the morning picking you up at your hotel to begin our trip.On the first day of the tour we will visit Pisac and Ollantaytambo and visit their villages and archaeological sites. We will also have a […]