One of the most mysterious locales in the Cusco region, with its incredible landscapes and impressive snow-capped peaks, is the Ausangate, replete with beauty and temperatures as low as -30°C /-22°F in June. Designed for lovers of adventure and adrenaline, this tour was made for those who want to confront this challenge in Cusco´s highest mountain, including all the equipment necessary for the excursion.
The 2-day Ausangate trek offers you the sight of the typical animals of the area (condores-alpacas-vizcachas-vicuñas-wild cats-pumas) surrounded by lakes of different colors (turquoise-light blue) and you can also enjoy the curative hot springs
Why should you hike Ausangate And Rainbow Mountain 2 Days with Danzak Peru?
- We are practical, punctual, reliable Travel company, welcoming individuals or groups. Check out our reviews on trip advisor.
- We include porters who will carry your lunch, so you will hike light.
- You will ride the same train with your guide until the Inca trail trailhead.
- We dont share the service with other companies.
- Small groups of 2 to 8 people máximum. This fact sets us apart from other travel companies that take bigger groups.
- Danzak Peru is A 100% locally owned Travel Company and fully licensed Inca Trail operator.
- Our Tour Guides pride themselves on being up to date and have a comprehensive programme of continual professional development. We love showing what a fascinating and amazing Inca trail is.
- Your return train ticket is at 02:55 pm from Aguas Calientes. Therefore you arrive to Cusco early so you will sleep enough to do any tour the next day.
DAY 1: Cusco – Acatary – Ausangate – Ananta
Our professional guide and transport will pick you up at your hotel around 4.30 am with the team that will accompany you on your excursion to the north of Cusco. Following 3 hours on the road, we´ll arrive at La Villa de Quesono at 4100m/13450ft. Here we´ll pack everything needed for the hike while our chef prepares a light breakfast. After 30 minutes we´ll start our 4-hour ascent and take in the gorgeous scenery, as well as some llama and alpaca herding communities. At Pukaqocha (5000m/16.400ft) you´ll witness a beautiful vista of snowy mountains and glaciers, in particular the famous Ausungate glacier at 6370m/20.000ft, considered the tallest mountain in Cusco. Here we´ll take a break and take photos, then start our two-hour descent to the community of Ananta at 4200m/13780ft. This beautiful locale will be our campsite where we´ll enjoy our food and spend the night under the splendour of the Milky Way.
DAY 2: Ananta – Rainbow Mountain – Cusipata – Cusco
Our goal today will be Vinicunca (Rainbow) Mountain.
At 3.30 am our chef will come to our tents to offer coca tea to mitigate freezing temperatures that reach -3°C/26°F.
Following a delicious breakfast, we´ll be ready to start the 2-hour ascent to Warmysaya Pass at 5035m/16890ft with its awesome vies of the White Cordillera. From here we´ll begin our descent to Rainbow Mountain at 5035m/16520ft, taking about 2 hours and a half to reach the summit of this locale, where you can take photos of its incredible vistas and the marvellous Red Cordillera.
We´ll continue our route to the Red Valley where we´ll take a half hour to snap photos. Afterwards we´ll carry on with our one-hour descent to the base of the mountain where our transport will be waiting for us.
After an hour on the road to the community of Cusipata, we´ll enjoy an inviting Peruvian-style lunch buffet, then finally return to Cusco at 17.00 where we´ll drop you off at your hotel.
- Private transportation Cusco-Acatary
- Private transportation Rainbow Mountain-Cusco
- The entrances to the attractives are included
- Camping equipment with resistance to cold and inclement nature
- Ecological or high mountains sticks
- Mule rider and their respective mules
- Chef specialized in Peruvian and international cuisine
- Food prepared by our chef
- Buffet lunch in the community
- First aid box
- Communication radios
- Satelital phone
- Professional guide on the route
- Alcoholic drinks
- Waterproof and high mountain clothing due to hiking time and dramatic temperature changes
- Winter gloves
- Shawl for the cold
- Poncho for the rain, the climate of the Peruvian Andes changes quite quickly
- Sunscreen the sun in the Peruvian Andes is quite aggressive
- Hat to cover yourself from the solar force
- Medicine in case you need it, if you have any pre-existing medication you should take it with you.
- Money to buy souvenirs and use of toilets
- Tourists must accept that there is the possibility of changes in our trip due to some mishaps (strikes, natural disasters)
- It is important that you inform the agency of your current state of health if you suffer from any disease that requires special care so that your trip is pleasant and worry-free.
- The elevation we will be going up means freezing temperatures, so be prepared and make sure you wear warm clothing.
- Make sure you are acclimatized to Cusco’s altitude before setting out on your journey to Ausangate. for this it is suggested to arrive 2 days before the tour to avoid suffering from the famous altitude sickness
Ausangate And Rainbow Mountain 2 Days
Please, carefully fill out our RESERVATION FORM with your correct personal data.
FREQUENT ASK QUESTION
- People: 1-10
One of the most mysterious locales in the Cusco region, with its incredible landscapes and impressive snow-capped peaks, is the Ausangate, replete with beauty and temperatures as low as -30°C /-22°F in June. Designed for lovers of adventure and adrenaline, this tour was made for those who want to confront this challenge in Cusco´s highest […]
- People: 1-14
You are an adrenaline lover and you love challenges, in Cusco you will find one of the most impressive routes, with its scenic beauties and a climate with temperatures of up to 30 ° below zero, our experts created this route for adventure lovers, combining everything you need and the comfort of traveling.